Sunday, November 16, 2008

Scrap the Scale


The scale is not always the best way to gauge yourself. The problem with weighing yourself is that your body weight fluctuates all the time. If you just finished a workout you may have just lost a lot of water and before a workout you should have a lot of water in your body since I know you've all been drinking lots of water all day.

If you have been training with weights you tend to build muscle mass and muscle weights more than fat so if you are weighing yourself you might gain a little bit of weight. Though, you will probably look better because you are toning your body and cutting the fat.

Even body fat can be inaccurate. The electronic ones can varies based on how much you've been drinking. The calipers and taping can be calculated wrong.

The key is to just get rid of the scale. It is about how you look and how you feel.
Click here for a more in depth explanation and remember, stay motivated

3 comments:

UD09 said...

The scale in the Recplex weight room is not my friend.....

BrettvEdwards said...

Maybe its just me, but the scale in the RecPlex fluctuates every day, my guess is that it is just my body type.

UD09 said...

I came to your blog to find out some more great workout info seems you have not posted.....I am hurt.